Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Where can I get free legal advice in California on getting child custody and divorcing my husband?

My husband of 9 yrs will not disclose financial info to me nor allow me access to bank accounts. We have 2 daughters (one of them is from a previous relationship) and I have a part time job that does not pay much. I've finally made the decision that I want out of this marriage but don't know where to go for legal advice. Custody of my girls is my number one concern. Are there any organizations that can help me?Where can I get free legal advice in California on getting child custody and divorcing my husband?
Ask your mom I'm sure she'll knowWhere can I get free legal advice in California on getting child custody and divorcing my husband?
You really need to consult a family law attorney. Many give free consultations... and if you opt to go to a couple of these consultations, let the attorney know you will need him to ask the courts for your husband to pay your legal fees.





The judge makes the ultimate decision as to whether or not the husband should pay the fees...





meanwhile, if you are getting a divorce, please remember -- while in court and in public act like a dignified lady. don't give your husband any ammunition to belt you with...
I have been married three times and divorced twice. I pray I will never go down that road again! But if you think you must, then, ask him if the two of you can have a civil conversation. That you would like to put all your cards on the table, with sincere honesty. He may agree to it. If not then write him a letter and mail it. But, at least try to confront him. You would be surprised how much can be accomplished by this. If he won't compromise, then he will at least have respect for you by your endeavors. And you can take it from there. May the Lord be with you!
Look in the phone book for attorneys that offer free consultations, some will work on consignment and sue him for the cost when it is over...if you can't find one then call the local legal aid service
legal aide

No comments:

Post a Comment