Thursday, August 19, 2010

Does anyone know where I can get some FREE Legal advice?

RE: problems with your employer in Ca?Does anyone know where I can get some FREE Legal advice?
Many communities have free legal services as a service to low income individuals.


It can be limited though. For example, local for me does not handle divorces, etc.


There is a good website I go to sometimes. You put in your state and brief question and an attorney(s) will respond in most cases.


Also, I saw you mentioned problem with employer. If it is a situation such as discrimination, sexual harrasment, etc. and managment doesn't take a proactive reaction to your grievance. Under Title VII of the Civil Rights act. You can file a complaint. If they find in your favor, you can then sue their pants off. Contact the EEoc if you need to do this.Does anyone know where I can get some FREE Legal advice?
A random person on the street?
Most laywers don't charge you unless you gain something (usually $$) in court.
And your question is?
California Department of Consumer Affairs has a county-by-county listing of Legal Aid Society chapters in the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment