Sunday, August 22, 2010

Gluten free, celiac, gluten intolerant -recipe substitutions advice - please read?

I am getting ready to make sme zucchini bread- the recipe calls for brown rice flour- I have every other kind of GF flour but brown rice flour. Can I use white rice flour or some other GF flour with the same results or a flour blend or shoud I just attempt to grind my brown rice into flour (I am really trying to avoid having to do that?


I have sorghum, white rice flour , quinoa, coconut flour, tapioca flour, potato flour and garbanzo bean flour. I am happy with the recipe that I have but if you have a recipe suggestion too I owuld be haooy to take it- I just need simple but tasty today!


My biggest need is an appropriate and tasty flour or flour blend substitutionGluten free, celiac, gluten intolerant -recipe substitutions advice - please read?
I would tryi t with just the white rice flour (really not much difference except brown rice is healthier.)


But in the future I'd try getting Bette Hagmans Gluten Free Gourmet cookbook. She has a great flour mixture in her books that works well in most things calling for a flour mix. (RIP bette!)

No comments:

Post a Comment