Monday, August 23, 2010

I need a piece of advice to lear to swim free style?

Hi,





So I am 27 yo and am learning to swim. I used to panic in the water but after 2 months now of swimming lessons, I am doing much better. I can now kick and move back and forth. My big issue now is to swim free style, I think I got how it has to be done but I get in trouble when it comes to breathing, I think I cannot get to coordinate the kicking, arm strokes and breathing and I end up doing any of that wrong :-(.





Thanks for your repliesI need a piece of advice to lear to swim free style?
ok well i have been swimming on teams for 6 years and i teach swim lessons. and freestyle is the most fun and easy stroke once u learn how to do it. here are my tips for you: kick from you hips, not your knees. this will cause your whole body to move from one side to the other. freestyle is never meant to be swam on your stomach. you should never be flat in the water. as you are kicking, your arms are moving one at a time. in order to breathe, just tilt your head to the side as your arm on that same side of your body is being picked up for another rotation. u should be looking through your own arm when its in the air. when u tilt your head, your one ear should still be in the water. never pick your head up or look in front of you.only tilt your head enough to get ur mouth and nose out. after all, those are the only parts of ur face needed to breathe. so once you get a rhythm down, you just keep practicing and practicing. the only way to learn is in the water. never give up!! here is a video that helps u learn freestyle and shows u step by step guides to how to learn. its called Becoming a Champion Swimmer: Freestyle, with Richard Quick.


Have fun!! :)I need a piece of advice to lear to swim free style?
It is a matter of practice. But there are breathing drills that can help you with this issue. Don't be afraid to ask your swim instructor about drills to help you with your breathing. It will take time but keep practicing and dont just rely on the time you have in your lesson to learn. Practice in your own time as well. Even still, considering the fact that 2months ago you used to panic and now you are kicking and learning freestyle. Dont feel discouraged as you have accomplished a lot.
its all a matter of practice, its like talking to somebody while writing something down, or singing while playing guitar, its multitasking, you really have to focus on your arms and make sure before you get into a rythm with your kicking
  • cosmetic products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment