Sunday, August 22, 2010

Feeling frustrated with my gluten free dairy free diet. Any advice?

I can't even use my restaurant gift certificates to eat anything other than Corn-tortilla chips and a salad. I'm getting frustrated, and hungry! I don't want to get sick, but I'm just frustrated that I can't enjoy a night out at a restaurant like I used to. Anyone else feeling this frustration?Feeling frustrated with my gluten free dairy free diet. Any advice?
Why are you on the gluten free dairy free diet? There are things you can do depending on why you are on the diet.


For example, are you dairy free because you are lactose intolerant? If so, take a Lactaid pill with your meal and you should not have any problems with dairy.


I don't know why you can't go to an Outback or Carrabbas or Bonefish Grill and order from their gluten free menu. A steak, pork chop or chicken would be a lot better than chips. They would all be gluten free when they leave the basting sauces off and also dairy free.


I know you are frustrated but you need to open up to all the possiblities of things you can have, not what you are deprived of.Feeling frustrated with my gluten free dairy free diet. Any advice?
Since the gluten and dairy free diet is rarely a choice (except by a few people who misguidedly think it's a general health diet, which it isn't - it's a special diet specifically for people who cannot tolerate gluten and dairy products), it's better to take a positive attitude and look on it as a challenge rather than feeling resentful and frustrated.





Sure, there are times when it can all get on top of you, but if you look around you will find there are a huge number of options. And there are plenty of restaurants and other outlets that have gluten free options. I'm sure if you ask, you will find that many of these are also dairy free.

No comments:

Post a Comment