Thursday, July 29, 2010

Where can I get free IRS legal advice?

My daughter-in-law let her stepfather use my grandson's social security number. He paid her $1000.00 to use his number. They were living with me so I'm using the baby as a tax deduction since she is not working and they are living with me. I am going to fight and priove they were living with me. Her stepfather has a letter stating she let him use the baby's social security number. How much trouble will she be in?Where can I get free IRS legal advice?
The IRS will most likely just deny his claim. She can only give the father of the child the exemption via letter or Form 8332. If the child lived in your home for more than 6 months in 2008 then you have a valid claim to the exemption if the MOTHER does not file a return and does not give the exemption to the baby's natural father.





They won't likely be stupid enough to confess their subterfuge to the IRS, and unless you have proof of it (other than her admission to you) they will not likely pursue any criminal sanctions against either of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment