Saturday, July 31, 2010

I am permanent disability, is there a site where I can get advice on losing weight free of charge?

I weighed 510 lbs earlier this year and now weigh 350 lbs but i have hit a plateau and need a boost, any suggestions?I am permanent disability, is there a site where I can get advice on losing weight free of charge?
Hi Crystal. First let me congratulate you on your weight loss success. If you are unable to seek professional advise through a Registered Dietitian (right now most insurance and medicaid will pay for three visits if you have diabetes or kidney failure), a good website to seek is WebMD. Their nutrition section is overseen by Registered Dietitians. My only caution to you when seeking free advise elsewhere is to know where the information is coming from and if it based on scientific research. Whenever possible, seek advise from a Registered Dietitian; they have extensive science based education and have been tested on there ability to give nutrition based advise. So many people, including physicians and ';nutritionists'; who are not registered through the American Dietetics Association (their website may also be a good reference and can help you locate a Registered Dietitian; www.eatright.org) are distributing information that may be misleading. Other website I would recommend are nutrition.gov and mypyramid.gov. I hope this helps and good luck to you!I am permanent disability, is there a site where I can get advice on losing weight free of charge?
start south beach diet. sorry i dont know any web sites that pffer free diet tips.
Wow congrats. Did you try aquatic cardio. I hear it's real good.

No comments:

Post a Comment