Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Where do you go for free advice on writing.?

There is always a third party making money on the internet for just passing info from one to another isn,t it time we got rid and dealt direct.Where do you go for free advice on writing.?
So You Think You Can Write provides a load of free information for writers http://srcw.us/sythome





Spoon River Creative Writers is a writers' group that has done well and now provides a website with several useful links and email access to several members, as well as their creative works. http://srcw.usWhere do you go for free advice on writing.?
Don't only stick to the internet - join a creative writing class, there's sure to be one somewhere near your home, probably run by a local college.





Also, keep asking on Answers! Some of the 'advice' you'll get will be 'I think that...', or simply rubbish that someone made up. But there's a good chance of getting quality advice. I'm a published author and teach writing courses for our local college, and often make time to answer budding writers who are genuinely looking for advice on writing.





Good luck!
The Writers Market has plenty of good information, but truely I have not found a great free source myself. I agree with you that there should be more info available at no cost. I've completed a young adult fiction novel and am having a very hard time finding information on how to get it published.
This is a really informative web site dealing with all types of writing





http://www.writersdock.co.uk/
I ask myself. Or I do the research. But either way, I'm spreading as much info around as I can to those who need it.





The only thing I charge is chocolate and pizza for my services.





I cut out soda six months ago. :0)
Try poets and writers magazine at www.pw.org. It's an excellent source of practical information for writers.
Many of the large book stores run short story writing competitions.


I believe you can also get advice from them on line.





If you look up the names of authors, and write to them, they are usually very helpful.





I assume you've looked on the Internet...





Good luck
1. On-line e-zines are a great source. One of the best is Scribe %26amp; Quill. The website is full of resources, as well.


2. Join a writers' group and share ideas and suggestions with each other.


3. Borrow books on writing from the library.


4. Take a class; though that does cost something, community college continuing ed courses are quite inexpensive.


6. Join an association for writers. Dues are usually affordable.
writers.com
Feel free to e-mail me. I write the tutorials on http://www.storyentertainment.com

No comments:

Post a Comment