Tuesday, July 27, 2010

How can I look up laws or get FREE advice about NYS Child Protective laws...?

Someone called NYS CPS on my husband and me stating complete nonsense about us and our 16 year old daughter... We think we know who it is but having a really hard time with this...... how can i look up what my rights are...... And Can we find out who our accusers are? Nothing will be found since it is a ridiculous claim but since my husband is on parole we are concerned for backlash through them... This is causing such un-due hardship and should not be allowed!How can I look up laws or get FREE advice about NYS Child Protective laws...?
Unfortunately, they will not allow you to know who your accuser is. Federal law backs them up. You absolutley need a attorney! They can provide a court appointed one if you meet the income guidelines.





I know how you feel. I have had CPS intervention due to false accusations, lost one teen because of it, and now I walk on eggshells with my 16 year old lest they find some reasdon to take him, too. I won't breathe easily until his 18th birthday.





Other than the attorney, try to develop a good relationship with the social worker they assign to you. Some of them can be sympathetic and may choose to side with you instead of being your adversary. This is why I haven't lost my 16 year old yet.





Also, you can Google the NYS CPS website and get a lot of information there.How can I look up laws or get FREE advice about NYS Child Protective laws...?
I can answer part of your question..


the law protects reporters from being identified. In many cases, you KNOW who it is, but the law is that cps cannot tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment